BriefCam® is the industry’s leading provider of the VIDEO SYNOPSIS® technology for rapid video review and search, real-time alerting and quantitative video insights. By transforming raw video into actionable intelligence, BriefCam dramatically shortens the time-to-target for security threats while increasing safety and optimizing operations.
Solution Overview | Video Import into BriefCam for Analysis
VideoXpert integration with BriefCam’s Review and and Respond modules – the Review module integration allows the operator to get video from VX and import it into BriefCam for analysis. The Respond module is for real-time alerts. For example, BriefCam can setup alerts if a car does a u‑turn in an area where they are not supposed to. The integration supports BriefCam analyzing a VX camera for BriefCam Respond alerts.
Transcoding on/off (as of 126.96.36.199)
- Pelco Middleware
- Stop middleware service
- Edit “BriefCamService.exe.config”
- Set transcoding to False
- Start middleware service
- BriefCam Software
- Edit ProcessingServer.ini
- Remove the semicolon from the beginning of “HwAcceleratedDecoder” to enable the configuration
- Set the value for HwAcceleratedDecoder to “Cuda” from the default (Cuvid)
- Reboot all BriefCam services
- 2020-03-26 - Updated to 188.8.131.52
- 2020-03-04 - Updated to 184.108.40.206 - Middleware can be configured to skip transcoding
- 2019-09-20 - Update to to 220.127.116.11 - Middleware will use GPU if you have the correct Nvidia drivers
- 2019-08-20 - Updated middleware version to 1.0.9 and plugin to 1.0.8
Have questions? We can help
Our video security experts can help you implement the right security system for your business.