This Privacy Notice was last updated: June 15, 2020
Data privacy and integrity is important to Pelco, Inc. This Privacy Notice describes the Personal Data that we collect about you as a visitor to Pelco’s website, how we use it, with whom we share it, and describes your rights with regard to the Personal Data we have about you. At any time, you can reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions related to your data.
Pelco commits to protect your personal information
Pelco is committed to protect your privacy and your personal information. We encourage you to read this privacy statement.
This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and the way your personal information is collected online and how that information is used by us. Pelco strongly supports the fundamental rights to privacy and data Protection as well as compliance with national and international privacy laws.
In the legal and ethical principles, “Our Principles of Responsibility “, Pelco commits to maintain conﬁdential any personal information and to strictly limit any disclosure in accordance with local laws.
To whom this Privacy statement applies
Pelco is a global company, with legal entities, business processes, management structures, and technical systems that cross borders. This Privacy Statement applies to all Pelco ‑owned websites, domains, services, applications, and products.
How we process your personal information?
Pelco respects the privacy rights and interests of each individual, employee, candidate or customer. Pelco will observe the following principles when processing your personal information:
- Processing your personal information fairly and lawfully.
- Collecting your personal information for speciﬁed, legitimate purposes and not processing further in ways incompatible with those purposes.
- Collecting your personal information which is relevant to and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected and used. We may render information anonymous when feasible and appropriate, depending on the nature of the data and the risks associated with the intended uses.
- Maintaining your personal information accurate, and where necessary, kept up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to rectify or delete Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Keeping your personal information only as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed.
- Processing your personal information in accordance with the individual’s legal rights.
- Taking appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized access, unlawful processing, and unauthorized or accidental loss, destruction, or damage to personal information.
- Processing your personal information based on the following legal basis:
- You have unambiguously given your consent; or
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract; or
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Pelco is subject; or
- The processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject; or
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of oﬃcial authority vested in the controller or in a third party to whom the data is disclosed; or
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Pelco or by the third party or parties to whom the data is disclosed, except where such interests are overridden by the interests for fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject.
Why we collect your personal information?
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide our customers and other users with superior service and a smooth, eﬃcient and personalized experience while using our site or services. For example, if you purchase products or request information on the sites, we use your personal information to ﬁll your order or provide the requested information.
Pelco may collect personal Information from you to complete various transactions, such as:
- product or service orders, activations and registrations
- proﬁle creation
- information requests
- marketing or support subscriptions
- contest entries or survey participation
- notiﬁcations of ﬁrmware updates
What information is collected?
Pelco collects and uses your personal information to better serve you and personalize your experience and interaction. Such collection is done with appropriate notice and consent, along with required ﬁlings with data protection authorities, where applicable.
Personal information (or personal data) means any information relating to an identiﬁed or identiﬁable natural person (‘data subject’); an identiﬁable person is one who can be identiﬁed, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identiﬁcation number or to one or more factors speciﬁc to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
This privacy statement does not cover personal information rendered anonymous or where pseudonyms are used. Data is rendered anonymous if individual persons are no longer identiﬁable or are identiﬁable only with a disproportionately large expense in time, cost, or labour. The use of pseudonyms involves the replacement of names or other identiﬁers with substitutes, so that identiﬁcation of individual persons is either impossible or at least rendered considerably more diﬃcult. If data rendered anonymous becomes no longer anonymous (i.e., individual persons are again identiﬁable), or if pseudonyms are used and the pseudonyms allow identiﬁcation of individual persons, then this privacy statement will again apply.
It is always up to you whether to disclose personal information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services.
The types of personal information we collect from you may include:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address and shipping address
- customer type, job function, job title, purchasing authority, purchasing timeframe and others
- product and service preferences, contact preferences, educational and employment background, and job interest data
- credit card information (where applicable) • IP address (see chapter on cookies)
How We Use Your Information
We gather and use information in a number of ways, including the following:
Browsing and Searching: We collect certain personal Information when you visit the sites or click on the various links for products and services. We collect this information to improve your web user experience for your next visits (ex: country selection), help run the sites more eﬃciently, to gather broad demographic information, to monitor the level of activity on the sites, and to evaluate the eﬀectiveness of our advertising.
Ordering: We collect Personal Information when you purchase products and services. We collect this information to deliver your order, to obtain payment, and to communicate with you about the status of your order.
Technical support: We may collect certain information when you request technical support for Pelco products. This information is necessary to identify your systems, understand the conﬁguration of the products, diagnose your questions, and provide solutions.
Online surveys and polling: We collect Personal Information from customers who volunteer to complete surveys or participate in polls. We use this information to improve our products and services.
Promotional activities: We collect Personal Information from you when you enter a promotional program or activity. We use this information to administer the program or activity, to send you promotional e‑mails, notify winners, and make the winners’ list publicly available pursuant to applicable regulations and laws.
Newsletters and promotional emails: We collect Personal Information when you ask to receive newsletters, promotional e‑mails, and other information. We use this information to provide you the information you request.
Contact information: If you contact us, we keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including Personal Information, in a ﬁle speciﬁc to you. We use this information to help us provide you better service in the event you contact us again.
We may keep your information for a reasonable period for the purposes set out above.
How do we use your information for marketing?
To inform you, by letter, fax, phone, SMS and email about promotions, news and new products that we think may be of interest to you. By providing us with your information you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us please indicate this where requested on the registration or request form.
What we do with your personal data
If you do provide personal information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt – in , we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may ﬁnd useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modiﬁcations to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information conﬁdential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Pelco, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
How we protect your information
Pelco and its subsidiaries are committed to taking appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures to protect its Employees and Customers Personal Data against unauthorized access, unlawful processing, accidental loss or damage, and unauthorized destruction.
We oﬀer the use of a secure server to enable you to place orders or access your account information. This encrypts your information before it is sent to us. We also take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
We limit access to our internal systems that hold Personal Data to a selected group of authorized users who are given access to such systems through the use of a unique identiﬁer and password. Access to Personal Data is limited to and provided to individuals for the purpose of performing their job duties.
Our Third-Party Access Policy deﬁnes the rules regarding the access types to be granted to the third parties, according to their needs and the security level to be ensured. This policy is applicable to all third parties requiring access to systems, applications, network devices and services and aims at limiting the risks of unauthorized access to Pelco Information systems by ensuring limited accesses to the speciﬁc needs.
However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you provide to us and you accept the inherent risks of on-line correspondence and purchases over the internet. Any purchases made by you via the Sites are subject to the terms and conditions contained on the Sites.
Links to third-party websites
We may also provide social media links that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with Pelco on various social media sites. Your use of these links may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites.
If you post, comment, indicate interest, or share personal information, including photographs, to any public forum, social network, blog, or other such forum, please be aware that any personal information you submit can be read, viewed, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes that neither you nor Pelco have control over Pelco is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
Your rights to access and erasure
Your rights under the GDPR include, the right to access a copy of your Personal Information, the right to request the correction or the update of any inaccurate Personal Information and the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information under the conditions set out in applicable law.
You also have the right to request the erasure of your Personal Information and, where you have consented to the processing of your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time (without this withdrawal aﬀecting the lawfulness of the processing prior to such withdrawal). In addition, you also have the right to data portability in certain cases. This is the right to request the return of the Personal Information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request the transmission of such Personal Information to a third party, without hindrance from us and subject to your own conﬁdentiality obligations.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights please contact us using the information below.
625 W. Alluvial Way
Fresno, CA 93711
If you are not satisﬁed with how we process your Personal Information, you may contact us using any of the communication means listed above or alternatively you may ﬁle a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, in addition to your rights outlined above.
Change in this privacy statement
Pelco reserves the right to modify this privacy statement as needed, for example, to comply with changes in laws, regulations, Pelco practices and procedures, or requirements imposed by data protection authorities.
In this case, Pelco will inform Pelco candidates, Customers and other persons of any material changes in this privacy statement. Pelco will post all changes on relevant internal and external websites.
This statement and the policies referred herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights.
Last update: 15 June, 2020
Disclosures of Your Personal Data and Other Information
Pelco is not in the business of selling your information, and we do not sell our customer lists or any Personal Data you have disclosed to us to third parties. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. We may, however, disclose information to certain third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following specific circumstances:
A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text ﬁle that is placed on an internet user’s hard drive. It is generated by a web page server, which is basically the computer that operates a web site. The information the cookie contains is set by the server and it can be used by that server whenever the user visits the site. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user’s identiﬁcation card, which tell a web site when the user has returned. (Source: <a href=“http://www.AboutCookies.org)
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer or to stop cookies being accepted in future you should refer to your browser manufacturer’s instructions by clicking “Help” in your browser menu. More information is available at <a href=“http://www.AboutCookies.org.
Third” class=“redactor-autoparser-object”>T… party cookies for analytics purpose
In order to provide our visitors with a better service, we measure the number of page views, the number of visits, the diﬀerent actions performed by visitors on our site, the geo-location of our visitors and the number of times visitors return to our site. For this purpose, we use two web analytics software tools: Analyzer and Google Analytics as well as the Marketo Munchkin Cookie.
Analyzer information (AT Internet — http://www.atinternet.com)
All of the results which are obtained are then compiled, and are completely anonymous. The results provide information on the navigation and behaviour of Internet users on the websites of AT Internet customers, information such as: the number of visitors, the number of visits, the number of page viewed and other information that is necessary for the eﬀective measurement of Internet user interests. With these results it is then possible to improve the ergonomics and content of such websites.
Please visit http://www.atinternet.com/en/company/data-protection/ in order to check your access rights, right to reply and right to remove data.
Google Analytics information
This website uses as well Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text ﬁles placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
In case IP-anonymization is activated on this website, your IP address will be truncated within the area of Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the whole IP address will be ﬁrst transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. The IP-anonymization is active on this website.
Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing them other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Marketo Munchkin Cookie
How does it work?
When on a page, Munchkin automatically gathers the following information:
- Page Visits
- Link Clicks
- IP Address
- Our cookie ID
If you wish to exercise any of your data privacy rights please contact us using the information below.
625 W. Alluvial Way
Fresno, CA 93711
This PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS supplements the information contained in the Privacy Notice of Pelco and its subsidiaries (collectively, “we,” “us,” or “our”) and applies solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”) when you visit the Pelco website or provide contact information to receive Pelco services (collectively, our “Services”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Information We Collect:
- Identifiers: name, alias, address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statue(Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)): A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Internet or other similar network activity: browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with our website, applications or advertisements
- Geolocation data: physical location or movements
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from our customers, channel partners or their agents. For example, from information our clients provide to us related to the Services for which they engage us.
- Directly from you. For example, through information collected from you when you fill out a contact us form to request information or services.
- Directly and indirectly from you when using our Services or visiting our website. For example, usage details collected automatically in the course of your interaction with our platform or website.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, to submit this information to our channel partners for the purpose of completing a sale.
- To provide support services for our products, as requested by you.
- To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or Services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To improve our Services to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections.
- To better understand how users interact with our websites.
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns
- For testing, research, analysis and product development.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Category A: Identifiers.
- Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Category D: Commercial information.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our customers, channel partners or their agents for which you have engaged in a business contract.
- Service providers.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with our Services.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
The categories of personal information we collected about you.
Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: CCPA.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to the registered email associated with the account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you use of our Services.
- Provide you a different level or quality of Services.
- Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. The date this Privacy Notice was last updated is identified at the bottom of this page. You are responsible for periodically visiting the HID website and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
Pelco does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data through this Site, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases immediately.
Have questions? We can help
Our video security experts can help you implement the right security system for your business.